DreamHost Web Hosting Review
Are you wondering why 1.5 million+ people trust DreamHost web hosting service? Well, this is the service that offers users a lot for as little as $3.95! If you are looking for value for your money, DreamHost is here to give you nothing short of that.
DreamHost was founded in Los Angeles in 1996 and has since grown in popularity to brush shoulders with the likes of BlueHost, GoDaddy, and others on the list of the most popular web hosting providers.
WHAT MAKES DREAMHOST WEB HOSTING UNIQUE?
There are many reasons why developers, digital marketers, and designers like DreamHost offerings. One, DreamHost’s hosting plans are simple – no expensive and unnecessary upsells.Secondly, their pricing is transparent, so they won’t charge you more than what you need to pay.
Also, DreamHost Web Hosting provides 50GB storage space, automatic WordPress installations, and daily backups, free domain, free SSL, and unmetered bandwidth in the shared hosting starter pack! For other companies, such features come with top-tier hosting plans.
Now, should you host your site with DreamHost? This review has all the facts that you should read to help you make up your mind on whether to sign up with the web host or not.
GENERAL INFORMATIONSPEED: 648 ms (February 2018 to January 2020 average) UPTIME:99.94% (February 2018 to January 2020 average) SUPPORT: Ticket and Callback APPS: WordPress, Wix, Shopify, Drupal, Blogger, and more FEATURES: Unmetered Bandwidth Unlimited Storage Free Domain first year Automated daily backups Free SSL PLANS: Shared WordPress VPS Cloud Dedicated servers SITE TRANSFER: Costs $99 PRICING: Starting at $2.59 and renews at the same price per month
PROS OF DREAMHOST WEB HOSTING
DreamHost Web Hosting is one web host that will leave you addicted to their services, literally. On top of the above-average site loading speed, the company also provides its users a 97-day money-back guarantee!
The web host is interested in providing excellent services and features that guarantee its users happiness and a pleasant experience.
Below are other pluses of using DreamHost web hosting:
1. No Aggressive Upsells As you already know, most web hosting companies conduct aggressive upgrades and upsells aimed at pushing customers into purchasing more add-ons. DreamHost won’t disturb your email with endless pitches. That’s a plus!
2. Modern Dashboard For those who use a conventional cPanel backend, DreamHost’s dashboard may seem a bit weird. However, a little effort can see master every bit of their cPanel.
3. Generous Storage and Unlimited Bandwidth No matter the hosting plan you choose, DreamHost will give you enough storage space and unlimited bandwidth to enhance the performance of your site. With DreamHost, Inodes restrictions are a thing of the past.
4. 100% Uptime! Yes, the web host guarantees users 100% uptime. If that is the case, then they’re the first company to offer this much.
Other users have reported 99.99% uptime. However, you can seek financial compensation from them if you experience anything else other than the 100% that they guarantee.
5. Cheap Rates DreamHost is one of the few web hosting companies that offer users good value with most plans. Their starter plan costs a mere $2.59 a month, which sounds like a good idea, especially for beginners and fellows at the budget end of the market.
CONS OF DREAMHOST WEB HOSTING
1. Doesn’t Offer Windows Hosting Most of DreamHost’s competitors offer both Linux and Windows hosting, which happens to be a unique selling point in this time and age.
2. Extra Cost for Emails DreamHost provides many features in the starter plan except for a free professional email, which will cost you an additional $1.67 per month.
3. No Phone Support DreamHost has primarily utilized email communication since its launch. It would be more appropriate for them to use conventional methods such as live chat or phone support.
HOSTING PLANS, FEATURES, AND PRICING
DreamHost Web Hosting provides an array of hosting plans tailored for such small businesses as WordPress and e-commerce.Here’s a deeper dive into their offerings: Shared Hosting
DreamHost’s shared hosting solution is a smart choice for small personal or business websites with low traffic.
This plan is suitable for portfolio websites, personal and small business websites, blogs, and database-run websites.
Also, this is the plan recommended for newbies. While this hosting option provides users with unlimited bandwidth, space, and a free domain name, it is helpful to upgrade to a top-tier plan for more benefits. What you get:
- One Website
- Unmetered bandwidth
- Fast solid-state drive storage
- SSL certificate
- All for $3.95 per month
- Professional email for an additional $1.67
- One WordPress website
- Free domain
- Unmetered bandwidth
- 30GB Storage space
- Pre-installed WordPress
- Unlimited Email
- Pre-installed SSL certificate
This plan is for designers, developers, e-commerce use, and larger businesses. One good thing with this hosting plan is that it provides you with the features of dedicated servers without having to break a bank.We are talking about advantages like:
- Unmetered bandwidth
- Up to 240GB storage space
- Custom cPanel
- Up to 8GB RAM
Want a server that can handle heavy traffic? Dedicated server hosting can come in handy if you are operating a large business.
It is also a suitable option for agencies and major resellers. Note that this is a costly hosting plan as you will be parting with $13.75 per month for:
- Up to 64GB RAM
- Web-based cPanel
- Full root access
- HDD Storage space of up to 2TB of SSD storage space of up to 240 GB
- Unlimited bandwidth
FEATURES ON ALL PLANS
- Free Domain
- Easy user interface
- 30-day Money-back guarantee
- Payment via credit card, money order, check, and PayPal
- Control Panel: Cpanel
- Quick app installations
- SSL certificate
ARE THERE ANY HIDDEN FEES
DreamHost only charges for services listed on the checkout page.
DreamHost Web Hosting can be a smart hosting choice for many. Generous policies for bandwidth and storage space, fair prices, and superb loading speed are some of the advantages that appeal to many.
DreamHost is a web host who is interested in providing excellent services and features that guarantee its users happiness and a pleasant experience. On top of performance, your site will be in the safe hands of the DreamHost team. Try them today!
Tags: Cloud Hosting, domain names, dreamhost, dreamhost hosting, dreamhost hosting review, dreamhost hosting reviews, dreamhost review, dreamhost web hosting review, dreamhosthosting, dreamhosthostingreview, shared hosting, vps hosting, web hosting, website hosting